‘Resilience – The Biology of Stress and the Science of Hope’.
Research into Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) demonstrates the direct correlation between childhood trauma and physical/social outcomes later in life. We therefore need to focus on a family approach to safeguarding and our early intervention services. Ten ACEs are identified in the international research:
1. Physical abuse
2. Sexual abuse
3. Emotional abuse
5. Mental illness of a household member
6. Problematic drinking by a household member
7. Drug misuse by a household member
8. Divorce or separation of a parent
9. Domestic violence towards a parent
10. Imprisonment of a household member
View the handouts from the event:
Please see below to view a trailer for the film.