Welcome to the Portsmouth Safeguarding Adults Board website. This website includes information on safeguarding vulnerable adults from abuse, and the work of Portsmouth Safeguarding Adults Board.
There is also information on the Care Act 2014 in relation to Safeguarding, and how this important piece of law protects vulnerable people by changing the way that Safeguarding is placed on a statutory footing. Safeguarding vulnerable adults is everyone’s business. It depends on people understanding and doing the following things;
- being aware of the risks of abuse and neglect that vulnerable adults can face
- knowing what help is available
- understanding their responsibilities
- working together to report and investigate concerns
- working together to prevent abuse and neglect
The Safeguarding Adults Board will ensure that organisations work together to achieve all of these things in order to protect adults at risk. This site will provide information for people who may experience or be at risk of experiencing abuse, their families, carers, and anyone who works with people with health or social care needs.
To report a crime call Hampshire Police on 101.