Adult Safeguarding Training
A list of e-learning opportunities is available here:
Domestic abuse multi-agency training is delivered by Stop Domestic Abuse. The training includes understanding what abuse looks like for victims and people using abusive and unhealthy behaviours and how professionals can respond. To book on the training email firstname.lastname@example.org
A free screening of the acclaimed film Resilience was held on 7th October 2019. Click here for more information about the film.
NEW! A podcast on the Multi-Agency Risk Management Framework is available here.
Transitional Safeguarding workshops
29th April 2021 9.30-12.30 – booking here
8th Dec 2021 9.30-12.30 – booking here
This workshop will provide participants with an introduction to Transitional Safeguarding, exploring key issues and themes relating to this challenging area of practice. As well as raising awareness and understanding of national developments and emerging themes, the workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to think collaboratively about best practice in transitional safeguarding work. Participants will have an opportunity to discuss the key issues and challenges they experience in safeguarding adolescents and young adults, as well as their successes. Key areas of focus will include discussion of:
- Improving collaborative working across child and adult services.
- Opportunities to promote the exchange of learning and sharing of expertise
- Capacity, consent, risk and rights-based narratives in safeguarding work.
- Challenging and addressing silos in culture, practice, policy and statutory framework
- How to better meet the safeguarding needs of adolescents and young adults and to secure better outcomes
- Engaging adolescents and young adults when undertaking safeguarding work.
Safeguarding Concerns Virtual Webinars
Virtual training sessions on the recently-published 4LSAB Safeguarding Concerns guidance.
8th April 2021 09:30 to 12:30
10th May 2021 09:30 to 12:30
30th June 2021 09:30 to 12:30
9th September 2021 09:30 to 12:30
You can find details about the events and book them at the link here.
County Lines webinar
1st July 2021 13:30 to 16:30
Book this event here.
Coronavirus Training Update
Please note that due to the Coronavirus all face-to-face training provided by PSAB and Portsmouth City Council has been cancelled. Safeguarding awareness e-learning is available via Portsmouth Learning Gateway which can be accessed by a range of partners. See the e-learning list above for details.
Free Coronavirus (Covid-19) e-learning is available:
This can be accessed via computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone and covers:
- What is coronavirus?
- Sign and symptoms
- How it is spread
- Protecting yourself and others
- What to do if you or someone you know has symptoms
- What to do if you think someone had been exposed
- Testing and self-isolation
- Waste disposal and laundry
- General advice for safety
- Care Quality Commission Guidance (residential, supported living, homecare)
- Facts not fake news
Resources for Coronavirus volunteers
See our animated video on Youtube for an introduction to safeguarding adults here
Video for Coronavirus volunteers produced by Waltham Forest here
One Minute Guide to Safeguarding (Children and Adults) – NHS leaflet
Information from Ann Craft Trust on What do Volunteers Need to Know to Keep Themselves and Others Safe?