‘One in four adults and one in 10 children experience mental illness, and many more of us know and care for people who do.’ (NHS England, 2020)
It has never been more important for all of us to look after our mental health – as professionals working with people with mental health needs and as individuals to check in on our own mental health. On Wednesday 18th November the 4LSAB is focussing on Mental Health as part of National Safeguarding Week and has pulled together the following resources to promote awareness of good practice as individuals and when working with people with mental health issues.
- 4LSAB Quick guide to working with parents with mental health needs
- 4LSAB Quick guide to the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Solent Mind is part of a network of over 100 Local Minds who tailor trusted mental health services to our communities. They collaborate with Mind to make sure their pioneering campaigns, information and research makes a difference in Portsmouth. For more information about services available in Portsmouth click here.
- Solent NHS Mental Health Services
- NHS Guide to Mental Health Act – Easy Read
- Where to get help in a mental health crisis (NHS)
- Age UK Your Mind Matters Guide
- NICE Podcast – How can we help people who are lonely? (Click to listen)
- Shout 85258 – free, confidential 24/7 mental health text support in the UK – just text ‘Shout’ to 85258. Shout 85258 has become increasingly critical since Covid-19, being one of the few mental health support services able to operate as normal at this time.
- The Samaritans – ‘Whatever you’re going through, call us free any time, from any phone, on 116 123’